teacher training with marni task
Fall 2020 dates
one weekend a month for 9 months
Friday 6:00pm -10:00 pm
Saturday 9:00am -5:00 pm
Sunday 9:00am -5:00 pm
The Yoga Room
2026 Murray Hill Road Room 210
Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Cost of Attendance
$3400 – Payment plans are available
Pre-Reading for all you eager students
1. Jivamukti Yoga Book. Read as much as you want at least chapters 1 & 2. Read Jivamukti
Yoga Book Introduction up to page 38.
2. Anusara teacher training manual. Read page 20-21 Anusara Yoga, Section 2, The Science
and Technique of Anusara Yoga. Chapter 3 Pages 25-38. Read the beginning of the manual
too if you are feeling it! Chapter 4 Universal Principles of Alignment 39-49, chapter 7
3. Jivamukti Yoga: Chapter 6 Prana Freeing the Life Force, Bandhas, Pranayama, Kundalini.
4. Read Intro to Light on Yoga.
In this course of study and practice you will learn
Asana alignment and the Therapeutic Health Benefits of Yoga
To Practice & Teach Meditation
To Practice & Teach Pranayama
Anatomy and Physiology in a Language Suitable for Teaching
Safe and effective verbal and Hands-on Postural Adjustments
Yoga philosophy, History of Yoga, Jivamukti Philosophy/Anusara Philosophy
The Universal Principles of Alignment in the Anusara Tradition
The 5 Tenets of Jivamukti Yoga, Vinyasa Krama
Choosing a Theme & Weaving it Through a Class.
Basics of Sanskrit & Sanskrit Names of Asanas
Energy Anatomy: Chakras, Koshas, Nadis, Bandhas & more...
Create a Satsang that Supports Your Life and Practice
Teaching Methodology, Including Relationship with Yoga Students
Planning a Yoga Class, The Skill of Sequencing a Class, Teacher Demos
Cultivate a Trust and Confidence in Your SELF
Develop Deep, Intimate Connections with Your Fellow TT’s
Explore the Magic of Mantra, Meditation, and Chanting.
Some yoga experience and a basic knowledge of yoga is required. What is most required is a deep commitment to oneself, a desire to learn, and what’s most important is an open heart to make the first giant leap onto the path of being a yoga teacher.
To get the most out of your Teacher Training Program, it is imperative that you attend 100% of the training.
If you miss a few hours of the program you can review the few hours missed with a fellow TT or schedule a private lesson with Marni. If you miss 1-2 days: You may still complete the program with your class, provided that you schedule either a private session (or group session) with Marni (1 hour private session equals 2 hours missed TT) or you can take a comparable workshop with other teachers.
Required Study Materials
1) Jivamukti Yoga: Practices for Liberating Body & Soul by Sharon Gannon & David Life [Amazon]
2) Anusara Teacher Training Manual by John Friend - PURCHASE DIRECTLY FROM MARNI it is less $30.
3) Functional Anatomy of Yoga: A Guide for Practitioners and Teachers [Amazon]
4) Hatha Yoga Pradipika by Swami Muktibodhanada Bihar School of Yoga [Amazon]
5) Bhagavad Gita by Juan Mascaro [Amazon]
6) Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Swami Satchidananda [Amazon]
7) Light on Yoga by BKS Iyengar [Amazon]
8) The Upanishads by Juan Mascaro [Amazon]
9) Notebook/journal & Binder [Amazon - Just to get started]
There are many translations of some of the required texts above. Please get the books and translations listed.
In adition to the first class of the day, parts of the teacher training are open to the public at $20/hour.